2017 Summer Screenwriting & Filmmaking Intensive
TheFilmSchool’s Summer Intensive –a journey of self-discovery taught by current industry leaders. This program is designed to help you unleash your unique storytelling voice and give you the tools to take your script from page to screen. A tour de force in screenwriting and directing.
To be a successful in the digital age, writers and filmmakers must not only write exceptional stories, but also understand how to get their story from script to screen.You will experience a deeper connection to the creative part of you as this fast paced diversified program immerses you in character development, story structure, “on your feet” directing and acting, comedy improvisational writing, and the business of the business. At the end of 3 intense weeks you will emerge with a practical understanding of screenwriting, filmmaking, what is necessary to get your story from script to screen and a network of professionals at your fingertips.
- Directing: Tom Skerrit, Emmy Award Winning Actor, Director
- Story Structure: Brian McDonald, Author, Writer & Story Consultant Disney & Pixar
- Script Development: Emily Zulauf, Pixar Development & Script Supervisor "Inside Out"
- Character Development: Warren Etheredge, Co-Founder TFS
- Guerrilla Filmmaking | Storyboarding | Composition & Production Design Joseph Assi,Cinematographer
- Producing: Stacey Adams, Past CBS Executive & Diana Dotter, Feature & TV Producer
- Improvisation Comedy Writing: Stan Wells, Improv Comedy Coach & Past Owner of Empty Stage Theater in Los Angeles
July 16 - August 5, 2017
Monday - Saturday 9:00 am - 7:30 pm
PORTIONS OF THIS COURSE MAY BE LIVE STREAMED.
INSTRUCTORS MAY CHANGE BASED UPON AVAILABILITY.
- Dates of course
- Jul 16 - Aug 5
- Application deadline
- Jul 4
- Tuition assistance
Siff Film Center
305 Harrison Street
Seattle, WA 98109